Aug 2, 2010

Nightcrowler is back!

One of the great feral theory crafters has come back from absence from the game and he has redone his addon Feral by Night (FBN).

There are two important functions that this addons serves.

1. For beginners it is a great rotation helper. HOWEVER: I only recommend using this functionality if you're playing feral as an alt or for some reason it isn't going to be a serious endevor for you. Using any rotation addon is a bad crutch. What happens if the addon gets broken in a patch and it's not updated in time for raid? Are you just gonna sit out for the night? Secondly, while the FBN rotation helper is probably the best I've seen in terms of correct move prediction, it's not perfect. After testing out this part of the addon I can safely say that it does not give rake high enough priority. While it will suggest using rake when there is energy, its not already up, and other timers aren't about to end, it is our highest DPE ability especially with the 4pt10 bonus.

2. For more advanced players, both bear and cat alike, this addon has a new tool. Its the "stat monitor." This is a moveable box which instantly calculates all stats such as hit, savage defense shield value, and crit when a target is selected. These stats are specific to the target and change on the fly as new targets are selected. For me, this is a godsend. I'm very close to the crit cap with the hit and expertise caps (about 1% off with procs that have 100% uptime). This means that when something with enough crit procs I'm over the cap, but its very difficult to know how much uptime I have over the crit cap, even using WoL parses. With FBN, the boss crit % is easily displayed on my screen so I can see for myself.

In other words, if you need a rotation helper and don't want to be a serious/good cat, get FBN. For the rest of us, its a great way to track important stats on the fly.

Happy Shredding!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment